Koç University Horizon Europe update, September 2022
As of August 2022, Koç University researchers have been awarded 12 projects, totalling university contributions about 7.8M €, under Horizon Europe. Our first Horizon Europe grant agreement (a coordinatorship under EIC Transition Challenges 2021) was signed on 26.03.2022. So far KU has participated in 80 Horizon Europe proposals.
Prof. Sedat Nizamoğlu is now among Türkiye’s first two researchers who have received two ERC grants (STG-2014 and COG-2021), both hosted at KU.
Following the September 2022 funding decisions of two new ERC Proof of Concept projects (PIs Assoc. Prof. Mustafa Erdem Kabadayı and Assist. Prof. Mehmet Cengiz Onbaşlı), Koç University main ERC recipients have been granted a total of 8 POC projects.
- STG-2021: Levent Beker, “2ND-CHANCE : Implantable sensors and ultrasonic data link with triggered bioresorption for next-gen wireless cardiac monitoring” (2.5M €)
- COG-2021: Sedat Nizamoğlu, “MESHOPTO : Retinal Mesh Optoelectronics” (2M €)
- POC2-2022: Erdem Yörük, “POLITUS: AI Based Data Platform for Fair Social Policies” (150K €)
- POC2-2022: Mustafa Erdem Kabadayı, “GeoAI_LULC_Seg : A GeoAI-based Land Use Land Cover Segmentation Process to Analyse and Predict Rural Depopulation, Agricultural Land Abandonment, and Deforestation in Bulgaria and Turkey, 1940-2040” (150K €)
- POC2-2022: Mehmet Cengiz Onbaşlı, “SuperPHOTON : 2D Topological Superconducting Single Photon Detector Devices” (150K €)
- 2021-TRANSITIONCHALLENGES-01-01: Hakan Ürey, “KATSIM : Cataract Simulator Diagnostics Device Development Using Computational Holographic Displays” (coordinatorship, 2M € consortium, 1M € KU budget)
- 2021-DEMOCRACY-01-03: Bertil Emrah Oder, “FIERCE: Feminist Movements Revitalizing Democracy in Europe” (partnership, 197K €)
- 2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-09: Ahmet İçduygu / Migration Research Center, “FAiR: Finding Agreement in Return” (partnership, 111K €)
- 2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-07: Barış Tan, “AUTO-TWIN: Data-driven method based on a process mining approach for Automated Digital Twin generation, operations, and maintenance in circular value chains” (partnership, 370K €)
- 2021-PF: Hadi Mirzajani, “HAMP: Heart Attack Monitoring Patch” (European, 149K €)
- 2021-PF: Uğur Aygün, “EXCEED: Exosome Characterization Platform for Early Detection of Breast Cancer” (Global, 266K €)
- Twinning 2021: Ahmet İçduygu / Migration Research Center, “BROAD-ER: Bridging the Migration and Urban Studies Nexus” (coordinatorship, 1.4M € consortium, 730K € KU budget)